Your evening and night routine will take on new heights of enjoyment when you can slip on a comfortable bathrobe at the end of a long day. Many people overlook the enjoyment that you can experience with the purchase of a quality bathrobe from a well-respected company.
Bathrobes are perfect for every member of the family regardless of age. Even young children love the comfort and softness of a good robe. They are very useful for going to the bathroom in the middle of the night or for walking out to the mailbox or to get the paper without having to get fully dressed.
Top 10 Most Comfortable Bathrobes
|Rank||Picture||Most Comfortable Bathrobe||Sizes||Colors|
|1||Richie House Fleece||Small-X-Large||21 Colors and Prints|
|2||Alexander Del Rossa Mens||Small-XXXX-Large||21 Colors and Prints|
|3||Alexander Del Rossa Womens||Small-XXXX-Large||35 Colors and Prints|
|4||Seven Apparel||One Size||8 Color Choices|
|5||Nautica||Small-X-Large||7 Color Choices|
|6||Ross Michaels||Small-XXX-Large||6 Color Choices|
|7||Regency||Small-XXX-Large||11 Color Choices|
|8||TowelSelections||X-Small- XX-Large||8 Color Choices|
|9||Richie House||Small-Large||7 Color Choices|
|10||Pembrook||Small-X-Large||3 Color Choices|
Most Comfortable Bathrobe Buying Guide
The most important aspect of a bathrobe is the material it is made from. The fabric is what determines softness, absorbency, and the weight of the robe. There are many different fabrics that are used to make bathrobes. Which fabric you decide to go with is mainly personal preference but some fabrics are better than others.
- Spa Robe – A spa robe is typically made from a blend of a cotton terry lining inside of a brushed microfiber shell. This combination gives you the best of both sides of the spectrum. The terry lining provides plenty of water absorption so you can slip it on right out of the shower and the silky soft outer layer feels and looks great. They are very lightweight although they can be expensive.
- Microfiber Robe – Microfiber is created by producing fibers with a special manufacturing process that are lightweight, breathable, and finer than silk strands. There are many benefits to microfiber and it makes a very popular material for many items of clothing. Microfiber bathrobes are very lightweight, super soft, and keep you warm and cozy. This type of robe is perfect for lounging around the house and can be used all year round.
- Cotton Waffle – It may sound like a breakfast food but waffle weave cotton is another choice that is popular in bathrobes. Waffle weave cotton has square or diamond checker patterns. They are often used by the hotel industry as corporate gifts. This cotton robe is very absorbent which makes it great for after the shower but it can shrink after washing so you should purchase a size a little larger to allow for this or use pre-shrinking treatments. Cotton waffle bathrobes are not as soft as microfiber robes.
- Terry Cloth Robes – another type of bathrobe that is popular in spas and hotels is the cotton terry robe. They are perfect for after the shower when you want to bundle up in something cozy and warm without having to get dressed. If they have not been pre-shrunk that will tend to shrink once you wash them and they can be a lot heavier than other types of robes but some people like the weight of them.
- Velour Robes – velour is a silky feeling material that is soft to the touch and very lightweight. They are very warm which makes them a great choice for cold nights. They are usually more expensive than other types of cotton robes and weigh a lot more too. If you love velvet you will love a velour bathrobe.
- Silk and Satin Robes – The smooth, silky feel of silk or satin robes is unmatched if you are looking for something that makes you feel luxurious. They are great to wear as loungewear at the end of a hard day and are perfect for the warm months as they will not overheat you. They are very lightweight but do not have the absorbency that cotton does so it is not recommended to wear them while you are wet.
Choosing the right size robe is an important part of feeling great when you wear it. Do not purchase one size fits all robes unless you are 100% sure of the fit. Most bathrobes come in standard sizes from small all the way up to plus sizes. The one-size-fits-all invention was created by manufacturers to lower the amount of inventory they had to store. It is best to look for a robe style that has at least 4-5 size choices.
Steps to Purchasing a Bathrobe
Below we will share the basic process of purchasing a bathrobe and what is entailed in this endeavor.
- Choose the Fabric – If you like to use your bathrobe as a towel after taking a shower or bath, choose a bathrobe that is made from thick terry cloth. This will ensure the most absorbency. If you want a super plush robe you want to look for bathrobes that are made from 100% Egyptian cotton. Silk or cotton provide super lightweight robes and are perfect for summer nights and mornings. If you’re looking to keep warm during the cold months, consider long robes that are made from fleece or even chenille.
- Choosing a Color – Men’s robes are available in a large variety of colors and prints. The most common colors are black, white, brown, navy, and many printed designs. Women’s designs and colors are plentiful as well.
- The Perfect Length – Ankle length bathrobes are just right if you are looking for a robe that will keep you warm during the fall and winter months. For hot climates or warmer weather a mid-calf or knee length design works very well. There are many different lengths of robes such as silk lingerie cover ups that can be long and flowing or short and more revealing.
- Personalizing the Bathrobe – Look for features that make a bathrobe more special such as adding being able to add embroidered initials or names, hoods, pockets, shawl necks, and much more. There are many features that you can choose to make your bathrobe more than just a cover up.
Benefits of a High Quality Bathrobe
There are several noteworthy benefits that you can enjoy when you purchase a quality bathrobe. We’ve listed them below.
- Style – Slipping on a carefully chosen bathrobe can make you feel stylish, luxurious, and even wealthy. With all of the beautiful colors and prints available to choose from, looking great and stylish has never been easier. An elegant, white bathrobe can be perfect for any age, body type, sex, and background and make you feel great when you look in the mirror.
- Comfort – The number one benefit to purchasing a quality bathrobe has got to be comfort. The feeling that you get when you slip on a soft, perfectly fitting robe after a shower or at the end of a long day is unbeatable. Materials like fleece that are ultra-soft and smooth can provide an instant pick-me-up at the end of a long day at work. Soon you’ll find yourself looking forward to getting home so you can shed the workday clothing and slip on that luxurious, soft bathrobe that helps you relax.
- Warmth – One of the benefits of the longer, thicker material bathrobes is the warmth they provide. This is perfect if you live in a colder climate and want to wrap yourself up in the evenings and not have to crank up the heat so high. Polyester and fleece bathrobes are great for keeping you warm and will keep drafts out as well. You will notice that you can keep the heat a bit lower at night with the right bathrobe on.
- Easy to Put On – Bathrobes are probably one of the easiest pieces of clothing to put on, or they should be. Look for styles that have good belts, double loops, and that is the right size so you are not feeling uncomfortable. The majority of people wear bathrobes over their underclothing or pajamas but some just like to wear the robe straight out of the shower with nothing else. Finding the right size and material for your preferences can ensure you can easily slip on that robe the way you want to wear it.
- Versatility – Bathrobes are one of the most versatile items of clothing on the market. You can wear them anytime you want; right out of bed, out of the shower, to slip on when unexpected guests come to the door, to walk outside and get the paper, talk to a neighbor, or check the mail, and just to relax around the house.
Features to Look For
Choosing the right bathrobe is a personal experience that comes with a lot of reward when you choose that perfect one. Even choosing a bathrobe for a gift is an important undertaking and should not be taken lightly. A well-chosen bathrobe could very well be worn for years so take the time to decide what you want and look for the important features that will ensure a great purchase. Make sure that you know what your goals are with the bathrobe so you can look for the features that will provide them.
- Size – Bathrobes will be measured by length and also by waist. The majority of bathrobes on the market are available in standard small-medium-large sizes and can go up as high as 4x depending on the brand and company. All bathrobes should have a sizing chart on the description somewhere that will show you how that particular robe is sized. Don’t overlook this chart because it will help you choose the bathrobe that will fit you perfectly.
- Material – The material that you choose when searching for the right bathrobe can vary from person to person. Some love cotton, some prefer terry cloth, and others love the silky feel of satin or silk. Choose the material that you like the best and that fits your needs. For example, a silk bathrobe will not provide much in the way of warmth on a cold winter night and a fleece robe can make you melt if you’re wearing it in the middle of summer. Most robes are made from microfiber fleece or cotton although there are also wool, silk, satin, and other materials used as well.
- Cleaning Ease – Before you purchase your bathrobe take a look at how it is supposed to be cleaned. Choosing a high end robe that can be dry cleaned only is great for special occasions but will not be very practical for daily use. Look for robes that can be washed in the washing machine. Even if they require gentle cycles or cold water washes only, that is relatively simple and less expensive than dry cleaning.
- Weight – This feature refers to the weight of the bathrobe, NOT you. The weight of the robe you purchase will determine how comfortable you’re going to be wearing it. A heavy fleece or terry robe will be great for wintertime to keep you warm and cozy. On the other hand, the summer months will be more enjoyable with a lightweight cotton or silk robe.
You may not have known that there were so many things to choose from when it comes to a bathrobe. Purchasing one does not have to be complicated when you know what features to look for, what materials are most comfortable, and how to choose the right style for your daily lifestyle.
All of the information we have put in this guide is designed to help you sort through the dozens of choices and choose the one that is best for you. Determining what you want the bathrobe for is the first step in being successful in finding the right bathrobe.
If you don’t know what you want to wear it for, you could end up choosing a robe that is insufficient. This will just result in the bathrobe hanging on the closet or hook unused. Knowing your personal bathrobe goals; i.e. an after shower cover up, warmth provider, special occasion cover up, will help steer you toward the right materials and styles.
The ten top rated bathrobe choices on our chart cover a broad range of styles and designs and will work for a number of situations. Look over those to see if any one of these popular choices meets your specific needs. If not, or if you just want to look around some more, use the knowledge you have gained from our buying guide to help you research and sort through the different brands and types of bathrobes so you can narrow your choices.
Shopping for a new bathrobe can be fun when you know what to look for. You’ll be glad you took the time to research and do your homework when you slip it on that first time.
- Richie House – http://www.richiehouse.com/
- Alexander Del Rossa – https://delrossa.com/
- Nautica – https://www.nautica.com/