When you are in the market for a pair of work boots one of the most important things on the priority list is comfort. Most people that purchase work boots have jobs that involve being on their feet for extended periods of time so having comfortable boots is a must unless you want to have aching, tired feet at the end of each day.
Most Comfortable Work Boots Comparison
|Size||6.5 - 14 X-Wide||7 Wide - 15 Wide||6 - 13||6 - 13||8 - 15 Wide||7 - 14||10.5 Wide||7 - 14||6.5 - 13||5 - 13|
Most Comfortable Work Boots Buying Guide
There are several things that you want to look for when you are researching the different brands and styles of work boots that are on the market. The more you know about these features the easier time you will have choosing the right pair of comfortable work boots for your specific needs and preferences. We have listed several elements that are important to look at when you are considering different types of work boots.
- Comfort - Comfort is so important when you have to wear your work boots for long periods of time, such as when working. If your goal is to purchase the best pair of work boots you can get for the money you have, you will want to look at the different elements that add to the comfort of the boots including padding, insoles, and roomy toe boxes.
- Performance -A high quality boot will allow you to concentrate on the important things while wearing them. You won’t have to worry about pain from ill-fitting boots, discomfort due to lack of cushioning, or having accidents due to a lack of necessary safety elements like non-slip soles and oil resistant leather.
- Safety – As much as 25% of injuries in the workplace involve the feet. These involve sprains, puncture wounds, crushed toes, cuts, and more. For this reason it is important that you look for work boots that have the proper safety features that protect your feet from injury while you are working. Steel toes, roomy toe boxes, oil, slip, and chemical resistant leather are just a few of the common safety features that are valuable to have in a work boot.
- Durability – When work boots are made from quality materials they will last a lot longer than lesser quality boots. Check out reviews from other customers that have purchased the brand of work boots you are considering and see what they have to say about durability. Not all reviews are legitimate so don’t take every one you read to heart, but when the product has a lot of good reviews you can be fairly confident that the work boots are good quality, especially if they come from a well-known brand.
- Quality of Materials – The materials that are used to construct your work boots play a huge part in comfort, longevity, durability, and safety. There are three basic types of materials that are used to make work boots:
- Full-Grain Leather – most top quality work boots are made from full-grain leather. This material is durable and hard, making the boots rugged and able to handle heavy use.
- Waterproof Material – waterproof material on work boots prevents liquid of any kind from ruining the work boot and keeps your feet warm and dry.
- Nylon Mesh - This material is used in lightweight work boots and is not recommended for heavy-duty jobs where safety is required. Nylon mesh does but provides the right kind of protection you need to be on a work site.
- Brand Name – Brand is always important when it comes to looking for a quality work boot. Some of the more popular brand names in the work boot industry include Timberland, Carhartt, Caterpillar, and others. When you purchase a work boot from a reputable manufacturer you can be much more confident about the quality of the work boots you have purchased.
- Weight – When you have to wear a pair of work boots all day long on the job, you don’t want those boots to weight so much that your legs and feet are exhausted at the end of the day. On the other hand, you can’t have a boot that trades safety and quality for weight. It is better to choose a work boot that weighs a little more and has the kind of longevity and protection you need.
- Waterproofing and/or Insulation – Not everyone who wears work boots will need them to be waterproof or insulated but if you work outdoors all year round it is a must have. Waterproof boots will keep your feet from getting wet and works great for those who work outside in wet and snowy weather. Insulation is also important for those who work outside a lot. Insulation keeps your feet dry and should only be worn in the cold temperatures to avoid overheating.
- Sole Type – Work boots have different types of soles but most often they are made of hard rubber that will last a long time and hold up under heavy outdoor use. Look for soles that are slip resistant as well for additional safety. If you work on a construction site you want to also look for soles that are puncture resistant and acid resistant. Steel toes are also preferable if you work in an environment where you could drop something on your foot.
- Electrical Surge Protection – If you work on the construction site or you do electrical work it is VERY important to look for comfortable work boots that are made for doing this type of work. There are two types of work boots that work well for those who do electrical work:
- Electrical Hazard – Designed to reduce electric shock risks. The boots are usually made with non-conductive materials and non-metallic.
- Static Dissipation – This type of work boot is made with conductive insoles that are made to prevent static buildup.
- Cushioning - The amount of cushioning that work boots have plays a big part in how comfortable they are. Look for comfort features like cushioned insoles, tongues, and around the ankle of the shoe. Look for insoles that offer premium support and that are removable in case you want to change them out. It is also important to remember to choose the proper size work boot.
All work boots should have something on the description or sales page that states how accurate the sizes are. Pay attention to this even if it means wearing a shoe size you don’t like. The focus needs to be on how comfortable you actually are when you are wearing the boots. The mire cushioning the more comfortable they will probably be to have on, even for long periods of time.
It is important to take the kind of activities you will be doing for recreation and on the job into consideration when you are researching work boots. Also look at the features that the different types of work boots have so you can match the right boots with your specific needs.
The five top rated work boots that we have reviewed above are all excellent work boots with lots of features and style. Depending on your job and activity level, any one of them would be an excellent choice for anyone looking for a high quality work boot that will protect your feet from the elements and work hazards while being super comfortable and stylish.
The top ten chart above gives you five additional choices if nothing in the top five works for your needs. The buying guide we have provided has given you the features to look for and why it is important to do you research after you know what your specific needs are and BEFORE you spend the money on a pair.
All of the work boots on our top rated list are reasonable in price, stylish, offer plenty of size choices, and are made from quality materials from companies that value comfort and function. Some of them are lighter in weight than others and should only be chosen if you do not work on construction sites or other heavy-use jobs where sturdier material is important.
- Sketchers - https://www.skechers.com/en-us/
- Timberland - https://www.timberland.com/
- EVER BOOTS - https://everboots.com/
- CarHartt - http://www.carhartt.com/
- Reebok - http://reebokwork.com/type/boots
- Condor - https://www.condoroutdoor.com/