Steam Mop Comparison
|Power Cord |
|Cleaning Path |
|Number of |
|Number of |
|Warranty||2 Years||2 Years||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year|
Steam Mop Buying Guide
What is a Steam Mop?
Steam mops allow you to thoroughly clean your floors without the hassle of the old bucket and dirty mop head. They add convenience to your life, while allowing you to kill hazardous germs, leaving your floors sparkly clean in no time. The latest models of steam mop come with amazing features and accessories that make the business of cleaning easier than ever before, and with so many models to choose from, you may feel like it’s difficult to decide. Above we highlighted the top rated steam mops, but it’s also important to do some more research so you can learn all about these cleaning tools, how to use and maintain them, and what features you may enjoy.
Benefits of a Steam Mop
You’re going to be hard pressed to find someone who admits they enjoy washing their floors. It is a task that seems more like punishment than anything else, and there’s no cleaning method more daunting than the old bucket and mop method. Sometimes cleaning your floors in this way almost feels as though you’re doing more harm than good, as the bucket and mop appear to be filthier than even the toughest mess in your home. You’ve also probably had the experience of going to clean the bucket in the sink after cleaning your floors, and the bucket manages to spill its repulsive contents onto the fresh surface you just cleaned. This is a depressing moment for all.
This is where the steam mop comes in with its countless benefits that make cleaning your floors less of a chore. Gone are the days when steam mops costed a small fortune. You can now find affordable versions that take the back ache out of cleaning, and make your floors more sanitary and shiny than ever before. Lets have a look at the main benefits of owning and using a steam mop in your home.
- A Healthy Method: If you have young children then you know that your floors are a playing and crawling stage for your little ones. It’s essential for you to keep the floors clean and free from bacteria as much as possible, and experts say that a steam mop can eliminate 99% of the bacteria that lurks on your floors, and keep them clean for up to a week. Particularly if you own a pet who leaves muddy footprints and various debris, you’re going to love how a steam mop quickly and efficiently cleans this mess.
- Pleasant Smell: If you shudder even at the mention of the smell of abrasive cleaning chemicals then you’re going to love the pure smell that comes from a steam cleaner. Harsh chemical smells are bad for you and also bad for your children. Since a steam mop only uses water, it leaves your floors fresh, clean, and natural. We should always be seeking the balance between creating a clean home environment while also not compromising our health and wellbeing with the use of harsh chemical cleaners. The steam cleaner helps you to achieve that.
- Faster Results: With a steam mop you get a clean floor in half the time, because you don’t have to hassle with the bucket, and your floor will dry much faster than with the traditional mopping method. Because your floor dries faster, you can get an area clean and be walking on it in no time. You also don’t have that film on your floor that you get from using cleaning agents.
- Affords You More Time: There’s no doubt that cleaning the house is just one of the numerous tasks that you must undertake. Because using a steam mop is so easy and fast, it’s going to free up a lot of time to accomplish other things around the house, or simply spend more time with your kids, read a book, watch your favorite TV program, or put up your feet and enjoy the beauty of your pristinely clean floors.
Steam Mop Features
What steam mop features are designed to provide are increased ease of use, setup, filling, convenience controls, and ease of maneuvering. The more features your steam mop has the more fast and efficient cleaning at home with be for you. Lets take a look at the features that really make a steam mop stand apart from the rest.
Reservoir capacity will dictate how long you can steam before needing to add more water to the tank. There’s nothing more frustrating than a mop with a small steam capacity that you need to keep refilling, particularly if you have a large home with a lot of floor space. Reservoir capacity can vary greatly from model to model, with some working at the highest setting for as much as 45 minutes, and others for less than 10. If you only plan to use your steam mop for small spills, then this low capacity is going to be fine for you, but if you have some tough jobs to tackle in your home, then you want to look for a mop that features a larger capacity.
This is a feature that you will find in most steam mops, and it allows you to control the amount of steam that is delivered. This is a great feature when you want to vary the steam output dependent upon the surface you’re working on and the size of the spill.
Many steam mops will have a light that warns you when it’s time to refill the reservoir. This is very handy as it will give you a heads-up before you go for broke. This is not an essential feature but you will find that it makes it a lot easier for you.
You will find that some mops have a convenient switch to turn the mop on and off, as opposed to just pulling the plug. This is a great feature and is just another element that will make cleaning easier for you.
This feature will definitely ease maneuvering through tight spaces. This is something that you definitely want, because there is no benefit to having a steam mop that can’t get around corners, behind furniture, etc. The easier the mop is to use, the greater benefit you’re going to get out of it, so be sure to look for a mop that can easily navigate your home environment.
Built-In Vacuum Cleaner
Very few models have this feature, but it might be a good solution for you. Adding a vacuum cleaner to the steam mop makes it a two-in-one powerhouse that gives you a total cleaning experience.
Detachable Steam Generator
Some steam mops will allow you to detach the working end from the base so that you have the convenience of using it as a hand-held steamer. This is a great option that makes the mop even more portable, allowing you to tackle hard to reach places and out of the way surfaces.
You will find cord lengths for these devices range anywhere from 16 to 30 feet. If you have a short cord it may limit you to a small cleanup job in a small room, and it should be noted that using an extension cord is not advised with these high wattage appliances. A longer cord gives you the freedom to go from room to room with ease.
Some other accessories that are available with various steam mops include tools for cleaning carpets, blinds, windows, drapes, car upholstery, and much more. These attachments make your steam mop multi-functional and increase the diversity of the mop’s applications.
Owning a steam mop is an amazing way to ease the effort that goes into cleaning your home, while also providing a cleaner and healthier environment. There are so many models on the market that provide different features that make them stand out from the rest. Finding the right steam mop for you means doing some research to understand the features that are available to you, and what benefits these features have to offer. It’s also important to determine how much you’re willing to spend on a steam mop, in what ways you’d like to use it, and how long you’d like it to last. All of these factors will help to narrow your search and lead you to the right mop.
We explored the top rated steam mops on the market, and these are the tried and true models that customers love and deliver consistent performance. Should you not desire to own one of these mops, then it’s easy to go online and read about other mops that come with different price tags and styles. No matter which mop you choose, you’re going to want to select something that cleans efficiently and with ease. Understand how much space you are going to be cleaning with the mop, as this will determine the size that you’ll buy, as well as reservoir size.
Steam mops are designed to make your life easier, and give you sparkling, clean floors that you can be proud of. Perfect for homes where there are small children or pets, you’re going to find that you can effortlessly clean even the most stubborn messes with very little drying time and without having to use harsh chemical cleaners. Whether you’re purchasing the mop for yourself, your housekeeper, or someone you love, you’re going to find that everyone is a little happier when the environment is cleaner and the effort is minimal.
- Bissell: http://www.bissell.com/powerfresh-steam-mop/parts/
- Shark Steam: http://www.sharkclean.com/floor-care/
- Hoover: http://hoover.com/products/details/wh20200/twintank-steam-mop/