Vacuum Sealer Comparison
|Operation Mode||Manual||Manual||Manual||Manual||Manual|| Fully|
|Warranty||5 Years||1 Year||1 Year||5 Years||5 Years||5 Years||10 Years||5 Years||1 Year||5 Years|
Vacuum Sealer Buying Guide
What is a Vacuum Sealer
Vacuum Sealers are great kitchen appliances that provide cooks a way to preserve leftovers and extras and keep them from going bad and getting freezer burn. They are not very large although they do take up some space on a countertop or shelf, and they are generally easy to use, even if you have never used one before. There are many styles and sizes of vacuum sealers on the market today and there are some factors you need to consider when you start shopping for one.
There are several things to look at when comparing one vacuum sealer to another. These include size, durability and replacement accessories that may be needed. Ease of use should also be a factor to consider. In this buyer’s guide we will provide you with the information you need to understand the different elements of a vacuum sealer and how they work so you can eliminate the ones that won’t meet your needs.
Things to Consider
Before you start your research on vacuum sealers to decide which is the best one for your needs, you want to think about the factors we have outlined below.
- What are you going to be sealing? – Are you looking for something that you can use to seal leftovers? Do you want to do once a month or week cooking and seal pre-made meals? Do you want to preserve paperwork, jewels, and other items so they don’t become damaged? Do you want to seal and reseal the same bags over and over like cereal and chip bags? All of these questions can determine the model you choose.
- How often will you be using your sealer? – If you only want to seal certain items you will not need the same type of model that you will need if sealing is going to be a regular, daily thing. If you know you will be sealing items daily, you want to get a larger, more durable model that can handle a lot of sealing short and long term. You want to get a model that can easily handle the amount of work you will need it for.
- How much space do you have for another appliance? – A big vacuum sealer is great to have but not when you have no counter space or from for it. The larger models are better suited to being placed on the counter top and if you have plenty of space to do that, it is perfect. If you don’t have a lot of room to spare, you will need to find a smaller model that can still handle the work load you need it for.
- What kinds of replacement accessories are needed? – Most vacuum sealers come with a specific amount of bags and other supplies but these run out over time and you must be aware of the costs involved in replacing the supplies. There are some models that have reusable containers and bags that can be cleaned out and other models may require that the bags and containers be replaced repeatedly. Depending on the costs of these replacements, you may find you are spending a lot of money on supplies which makes it cost a lot more over the long run.
- Know your needs before setting your budget – You must know what you need in a vacuum sealer before setting your budget. Doing it the other way around can leave you with a deficit in the money you have to spend and the cost of the sealers that can provide what you truly need. A budget is a good thing to have, but can only work well if the budget takes into account the cost of the types of food sealers that you really need. If your budget is so low that you can only afford the type of model that is good for occasional use, but you need daily use, you have only handicapped yourself and will be buying another model again soon anyway.
What to Look for in an Excellent Vacuum Sealer
When you start looking for a vacuum sealer be sure to look for the features and essentials below. A vacuum sealer that has these features will provide excellent performance and be a real asset to your kitchen.
Suction – The strength of the suction your vacuum sealer plays a big part in the performance and outcome of what you are sealing. Some things are harder to seal than others so a good suction ability will make sure even the difficult to vacuum foods are protected and preserved properly. If the suction is weak on your sealer, you will find yourself disappointed and looking for a better model in no time.
Durability/Longevity – The stronger your vacuum sealer is the longer you will be able to use it and the longer it will last. Looking for durability in the model you choose will ensure that you are not wasting your money. A durable and strong vacuum sealer will handle all the sealing jobs you have to do and will last for a long time with proper care. Part of proper care means not buying a sealer that is not meant for heavy use when you need a lot of sealing done.
Single Bags or Rolls – Vacuum sealers either have single bags that are inserted one at a time during the sealing process or they have rolls of bags and include a bag cutter to cut the bags once the sealing is done. Both are good and it really depends on personal preference which model you get. If you do have a preference, make sure to look at the type of bag system the sealer uses.
Types of Food it will seal – Some models are not suitable for certain types of food such as loose food or wet food. The best type of sealer will be able to handle all types of foods since most people deal with all types of food at some point. Be sure to check what types of food the vacuum sealer you are interested in handles.
Features – The features that make up your vacuum sealer are what determine how well it works for your needs. Cutting features, size, durability, and suction are all the features that you want to look over and compare as you go through the research process. Always be sure to look at the features when shopping so you know what you are getting with each model you look at.
Choosing the right vacuum sealer is not an overly complicated process, especially when you have the right information on how to find the best one. With the top rated reviews and the buyer’s guide we have provided, you have what you need to look at each model and decide which one is the one that meets your needs.
Vacuum sealing may sound outdated, considering how long ago it began, but it has never stopped being a great way to store food that will prevent the food from getting freezer burn and from spoiling, Once you get a vacuum sealer, you will save food, time and money.
- FoodSaver – http://www.foodsaver.com/
- Seal a Meal – http://www.sealameal.com/
- Nesco – http://www.nesco.com/