Pet Strollers are just plain awesome. If you have an extra-large lawn, and you’re sick of pushing the mower around for hours on end, then it’s definitely time to upgrade your game and upgrade your lawn equipment by purchasing a high-quality Pet Stroller. There are so many models on the market and all of them will offer you different features and accessories that make mowing your lawn easier and more enjoyable than ever. We like the Husqvarna tractors the best when you take price, reliability, maneuverability and the number of available attachments into consideration.
Pet Stroller Comparison
Paws & Pals
Pet Gear Jogger
|33.10 x 20.50 x 39.80||37.00 x 8.00 x 15.00||27.00 x 17.00 x 41.00||13.00 x 17.00 x 7.00||22.00 x 15.00 x 16.00||21.00 x 13.50 x 20.00||30.00 x 13.00 x 22.00||16.00 x 12.00 x 17.00||36.50 x 9.88 x 15.55||32.00 x 23.00 x 25.00|
|< 60||< 30||< 15||< 30||< 30||< 30||< 70||< 30||< 30||< 150|
Pet Stroller Buying Guide
What is a Pet Stroller?
Pet strollers have not been around for a long time but over the last few years in particular, they have become more popular which has opened up a lot more opportunities for pet owners. Before you begin the search for a pet stroller for your fur kid, there are several things you should know the answer to that will help you determine what type of pet stroller would work best for you.
- Will you be using your pet stroller on sidewalks, gravel, sand or dirt trails? The kind of terrain you will walking or jogging on with your pet stroller plays a factor in the type of wheels you would need to look for. Small wheels work great if the terrain is smooth and even like a sidewalk. If you’re on rougher terrain, the larger wheels, usually about 11”-12” will be much better and easier to use.
- What is the frequency you will using the pet stroller? – If you will only be taking your dog for the occasional walk, then a low end model will more than likely succeed. If you will be using it for exercising and daily power walks or jogging, you want a model that can withstand frequent use.
- Will you be taking short walks or long ones? – If you’re just going for a short walk around the neighborhood, comfort won’t be that big a deal. If you’ll be taking long jogs or strolls, opt for a model that has padded handles and large wheels. These features make the pet stroller much more comfortable to push for the pet owner and ride in for the pet.
- Are your walks casual walks or power walks? – There’s a difference between a casual pleasure walk and a strenuous power jog or walk. If you’re just taking a casual stroll around the block, stability and durability won’t play as big a part in the model you choose. The more strenuous the walk or jog, the stronger the pet stroller needs to be so it lasts a long time. Things like inflatable rubber tires and even those with three wheel configurations are much better for joggers and power walkers.
- How much storage room do you have? – If you have a small space in which to store the pet stroller when you’re not using it, there are many different models of collapsible strollers on the market for you to choose from. These models take up much less room since they can fold up to be stored.
- Will you be traveling often or going up and down stairs? – If you travel a lot with your pet and will be taking the pet stroller along with you, you want one that is lightweight and easy to collapse for going up and down stairs or traveling a lot.
- How many dogs will you be strolling? – Do you have one small dog or two or more? Pet strollers are given a rating based on the weight the frame can safely handle while still performing well. In addition to the weight rating, you need to consider the size of the pets and make sure they have plenty of room to maneuver and be comfortable rather than being squished.
- Will you be using the pet stroller on windy or rainy days? – If you’ll be taking the pet stroller out on days where there is inclement weather, you want to be sure to get one that is made of rain resistance fabric or that has rain and wind guards to protect your pet from the elements.
- Height Handle – If you’ll be running with the pet stroller, one of the things that many consumers forget to consider is the height of the stroller handle. For those running, look for strollers that have handles at least 37” high. This will prevent the possibility of kicking the wheels as you’re running and pushing the pet stroller. The models that work well for those who work out with the pet stroller in tow tend to be the heavier duty, larger ones that can handle the demands placed on it. These types may be listed as all terrain, jogging pet strollers or even off-road pet strollers.
- Weight Limits and Size – Most strollers have weight limits and while they are important, take into consideration the size of the stroller as well. If your pet is at the larger end of the weight limit, you should opt for a larger stroller that allows the pet to stand, sit and even turn around comfortably.
- Comfortable Height Levels – Some models of pet strollers are low to ground and others have the carriage part of the stroller up higher. Many of the higher seating areas have convenient storage compartments underneath to carry keys, water bottles, and even a small bowl for the pet to drink from should they get thirsty on the excursion. Larger dogs that may have mobility issues will do better with a model that has a lower seating area.
- Privacy Area – While this seems to be most important for cat owners, even small dogs like to have a place they can get some privacy. This is obtained by having a model that has part of the seating area covered by a canopy which will provide them privacy and not make them feel like they are sitting out in the open.
- Removable Pad – A removable pad is a feature of many pet strollers which makes it very easy to take out and clean if needed. It is much easier to take the pad out and clean it in the event of an accident or simply dirty paws rather than trying to clean the stroller itself.
- Reasonable Cost – There are many different price points available depending on the model of pet stroller you want. A lower end, less expensive model will typically have fewer features but not always. Don’t choose the cheapest pet stroller you can find because this may lead to disappointment as well as an inferior product. It is better to choose the stroller on the features it has that you need and want. You should still be able to find medium to higher end models at good prices that you can afford.
- Easy to Clean Fabric – Since your passenger is a dog or cat, you may have to deal with clean ups from time to time. In addition, pets shed, so getting hair on the interior of the pet stroller is almost a certainty. Finding models that have easy to clean fabrics will help keep the stroller looking good as new and will make the trips more enjoyable for your pet too.
- Durability – If you’ll be using your pet stroller every day you want to find models that are built more rugged. This will ensure that the investment you make in your pet’s stroller will be worthwhile and the stroller will last for many years.
- All Terrain Capability – You will find your pet stroller much easier and enjoyable to use if it is all terrain capable. What this means is that is has features such as larger tires that are inflatable, a fixed front tire that won’t swivel on rough terrain and that is all weather capable so you can use it even if it’s raining outside.
- Foldable for Easy Travel and Storage – Not everyone has the room for a full size stroller to size around, even a pet stroller, so having the capability to fold up can be really convenient. It is also a necessity if you travel with your pet and pet stroller or simply need to drive to the park, store or other location that is not right in your neighborhood. Most foldable pet strollers do so easily and efficiently and are easy to maneuver.
When it comes to choosing the right pet stroller for your needs, it is important to have the information needed to make that choice easier. The information contained in this buyer’s guide provides you with the knowledge you need to sort through the different models available and choose the one that will be perfect for your pet and your preferences as well.
Pet strollers are a great way to take your pet with you on walks, shopping trips and exercise sessions without worry that they will tire and cut the trip or workout short. They are getting more popular with each passing year and will continue to do so as long as people want to bring their pets along with them the way they do currently.
When you know what the features are for a great pet stroller, you can be confident that the one you choose will last you a long time and fulfill the needs you have.
- Gen7Pets – http://www.gen7pets.com/
- Pet Gear – http://www.petgearinc.com/
- Outward Hound – http://outwardhound.com/