Bowling Bags Review
We spent over 28 hours researching and testing 20 different kinds of bowling bags and found that quality of the materials, durability, and style were most important. The Pyramid Path Deluxe Double Rolling Bowling Bag scored high marks in all categories and is our top pick. There is plenty of room in this convenient and stylish bag for two bowling balls, bowling shoes and other bowling equipment as well. The square handle extends to 21 ½” for easy rolling. It is available in a variety of color combinations and is long lasting and durable so you don’t have to carry the heavy weight of your equipment on your own.
Introduction to the Bowling Bags
If you bowl more than once in a great while, chances are you have your own bowling ball as well as a lot of other equipment. Some serious bowlers have more than one ball to use for different lanes. Carrying everything separately or in a bag that isn’t made for bowling equipment can be very frustrating.
The best way to carry your bowling balls back and forth from home to the lanes is with a good quality bowling bag that has plenty of room to carry all of your bowling balls(depending on what you have), your bowling shoes, resin and any other bowling supplies you bring with you to the bowling alley.
There are tons of different bowling bags on the market in all colors, designs, and types. Depending on the brand, bowling bags can offer a lot of options and features. There are several things that you need to look for when choosing a bowling bag for your bowling equipment.
The purpose of this buyer’s guide is to inform you of those considerations so you can ensure that you choose the best bowling bag you can get. With all of the different choices, finding the right one may seem overwhelming but as long as you have the right information you will be able to sort through all those different choices and make the right decision for your needs.
Bowling Bags Summary
Having the right bowling ball bag will make transporting your bowling equipment much easier and a lot more convenient. Bowling bags are designed to be strong, long lasting and durable so you can carry all your bowling equipment all in one place and not forget anything.
With all of the different bowling ball bags on the market, you have a lot of options to choose from. It can be a real challenge to figure out which is the right one for your needs.
When you are researching all the choices, you will need to be aware of the material used to make the bag, the features the bag offers, how many balls the bag will carry and the brand of the bag.
The three bowling bag choices we have reviewed above are all double ball bags that have lots of room for your bowling balls, shoes, and other bowling supplies like resin and microfiber towels. They are from reputable companies that are well known in the industry for quality products from balls to bags.
Bowling Bag Comparison
|21.00 x 15.00 x 13.00||11.00 x 18.00 x 23.00||22.00 x 12.00 x 16.00||13.00 x 12.00 x 13.00||18.00 x 28.00 x 12.00||11.00 x 19.00 x 23.00||14.00 x 9.00 x 13.00||15.00 x 20.00 x 12.00||13.00 x 25.00 x 16.00||28.00 x 9.00 x 9.00|
Bowling Bag Buying Guide
There are several questions you can ask yourself to help determine what type of bowling bag you need. These questions will help make it a lot easier to choose the perfect bowling bag. We’ve listed these helpful questions below.
- How many bowling balls are you carrying? – Avid bowlers almost always have more than one bowling ball to account for different lane conditions and shots. There are some bowling ball bags that can carry as much as 6 bowling balls. You only need to worry about carrying the balls you actually use, so even if you have 5 or 6 balls, if you only use 2, look for a double bowling bag and keep the rest at home.
- Do you prefer a wheeled bag or a tote? – If you are carrying bowling balls, shoes, and other supplies you will probably prefer having a bowling ball bag that you can pull. Wheeled bowling bags are much more convenient not to mention a lot easier on your back. Make sure that when you are looking at rolling bowling ball bags you are certain of the quality of the wheels and handle. Cheaply made wheels that break the first time out are not going to be beneficial at all. You want to choose a bag that is heavy duty from wheels to handle and that can handle the weight of your equipment.
- How much space do you need? – Along with the bowling balls, most bowlers also carry their own shoes, towels, resin, and many other things. Look for a bowling bag that has plenty of room to accommodate those other items. Some bags may have separate shoe compartments that can hold one pair of shoes as well as organizer compartments that can hold keys, business cards and pens.
- Are you settling? – Make sure that you are not settling when it comes to the bowling bag you purchase. This is not the time to try and cut back if you actually need a lot of space. You’ll just end up unhappy and will have to purchase another ball anyway. The description of the bag will tell you what features it has and the equipment it has.
- Will you be traveling with your bowling equipment? – Do you travel a lot and bring your bowling equipment with you? Do you play a lot of tournaments that involve traveling? It is important to choose a bag that travels easily and is not over the allotted weight limits if you are traveling by plane. Knowing ahead of time what the weight limits and restrictions are will prevent delays at the airport. If you do travel you will want to make doubly sure that the bag you choose is super durable so it can handle the rigors of airline travel without the wheels, handle or zippers breaking.
Bowling Bag Materials
There are several different materials that bowling bags are made of. Some materials are more durable than others. We have listed the most common bowling bag materials and its characteristics below.
- Leather – Leather bowling bags are a great way to look trendy. While leather bags look great, they are not as durable as nylon or polyvinyl. Bowling ball bags are continually put under stress due to the weight they carry. Leather does not handle this continual stress well. It can be a good choice for a bowler that only has one bag and that doesn’t bowl very often.
- Polyvinyl – This common material is often used to make bowling ball bags. Polyvinyl is made with plastic thread that has been tightly woven together to create a semi-stiff cloth that is waterproof and very closely bound. It is very strong as well due to the strength that the woven design creates. The thread count is also known as Denier which defines the thickness of the thread used. This is the most durable of all bowling ball bags and is chosen by professionals as recreational bowlers alike. Because of the superior strength of polyvinyl many multi-ball roller bags are made from this material because it can handle the strain and stress of carrying so much weight around.
- Nylon – Nylon is a man-made material that has been woven into cloth. It is very durable and strong and doesn’t break down easily like other materials can. Nylon bags are often treated during the final finishing process to be water repellent or water resistant. It is usually more durable than leather if it is a good quality nylon, but it not as strong as polyvinyl. Nylon bags are most often purchased by beginners and recreational bowlers that use lighter weight bowling balls or that are on a tight budget since they are less expensive than other materials.
A Few Other Considerations
Zippers and Locks – Good quality bowling bags usually have good quality zippers and locks but you want to be certain that they are made with the same quality that the rest of the bag is and not just assume they are. Good bowling bags have two zippers that meet together and can be locked together by sliding a padlock through the holes in the zipper. This is much like a luggage lock.
Making sure that the zippers and locks are made well can prevent the zipper from breaking or separating and can prevent the stitching from ripping out and separating from the zipper. A broken bag can cause the bowling balls to fall which can not only damage the balls but possibly injure a person close by as well. Look for locks that are not easily picked or cut off.
When you are looking to purchase a bowling bag, it is very important that you know what you will be carrying in the bag. How many bowling balls will you be carrying? Do you have your own shoes?
What other supplies and equipment do you carry? Towels? Wrist braces? Resin? Make sure that you have accounted for everything you need so you choose a bag that is able to accommodate it all.
It is well worth your time and money to research and choose a bag that is well made, strong, durable and high quality. There is no savings in buying a cheaper bag, only to have it rip and need to be replaced.
A good quality bowling ball bag can last five years or more. Knowing the basics of a good bowling bag, like we have illustrated here and in the top rated choices we have reviewed above will help you make a wise decision when it comes time to make a choice.
Once you have all the information you can either choose one of the top rated bags we have featured, or you can use the information we have provided in this guide to sort through the different choices and eliminate the ones that do not meet your qualifications. You will be able to make a confident decision in the best possible bowling bag for your equipment and bowling frequency.
- Pyramid – http://www.pyramidbowling.com/bowling-bags.html
- BSI – http://www.bowlerssuperior.com/
- Kaze Sports – http://kazesports.com/