We looked at the most popular golf bag covers on the market for durability, number of pockets and storage, materials used in construction, value for the money, reputation of the company and customer reviews from consumers who have purchased the covers and used them. The three golf bag covers featured below are all great examples of good quality covers. These three covers beat out all the others we looked at in the different categories we compared them in.
Introduction to the Golf Bag Travel Covers
Golf bag travel covers are very useful for protecting your golf gear whenever you travel. There are many features that these covers can offer that make traveling with such a large item much easier. There are many different golf bag travel covers available on the market.
If you travel and like to play golf while you are on business trips or vacations, getting a good golf bag travel cover is a must. Deciding which one you need depends on the type of traveling you do.
Golf gear can be very expensive so it stands to reason that you want to protect it every time you travel with that gear. Whether you are a frequent traveler that likes to play golf wherever you go, or just the occasional traveler that wants to play at a different course on vacation, having the ability to travel with your golf clubs in a way that doesn’t risk damaging them is a plus.
Top Ranked Golf Bag Travel Covers
CaddyDaddy Constrictor 2 Golf Bag Travel Cover
The name may not sound very tough, but the 1800d nylon fabric that makes up this golf travel bag provides long lasting durability.
There is additional padding at the top of the travel bag which will protect the heads of your clubs during travel.
In addition, there are compression straps that will keep the clubs from moving around and rubber and padded nylon handles located at the top, center and bottom of the bag for easy transport.
The lockable main zipper provides some security for your clubs while you are traveling and the in-line skate wheels make pulling the bag through airports much easier.
The bag weighs about 8.2 pounds. The heavy duty curb rails and reinforced stress points add to the bag’s durability. There are two oversized pockets that are lockable and can handle shoes and extra belongings.
The restraining straps on the outside of the bag provide support and an address slot is stitched to the bag along with a removable luggage tag provide your information for your clubs’ safety. This bag comes with a 1 year limited warranty. The bag comes in black with navy highlights or black with grey.
CaddyDaddy CDX-10 Golf Travel Bag Cover
The CaddyDaddy CDX-10 makes sure that you can bring your clubs with you wherever you want to go. The performance and superior quality of this travel bag makes it one of the best you can buy.
The durable nylon construction and generously padded interior keep your clubs protected during trips. The adjustable clamps keep all of your clubs securely in place.
The top handle makes transporting it much easier and pulling it through busy airports is simple thanks to the in-skate wheels.
You will not need to use a lot of effort or energy to pull or push the bag even when it is fully loaded. The lockable zipper helps keep your clubs protected and is easily accessible.
The interior of this great golf travel bag is soft and padded to protect all of your gear and keep the club heads from getting damaged.
There are two large pockets that can be used for shoes and extra clothing if needed. The unique handles are riveted to the bag, providing extra strength.
There are heavy duty curb rails and many other features that combine to provide you with a travel bag that is easy to move around and that also keeps all of your golf clubs safe and sound while you are traveling from place to place. With a golf travel bag like this you will be able to take your clubs with you anytime you like. There is a 1 year warranty on this bag as well.
Bag Boy T-700 Golf Bag Travel Cover
This quality golf bag cover from Bag Boy allows golfers to transport their clubs safely and easily.
The extra thick padded top is made from high density foam and PVC that is impact resistant to protect clubs while traveling.
This cover is made from a combination of Fabric and Nylon for maximum durability.
The wrap around main zipper is lockable and makes access super easy.
Other features of this golf bag cover include inline wheels that provide easy transport through busy airports via smooth rolling wheels, deluxe style skid bars on the back that have a long lasting skid resistant PVC base.
This cover will fit up to 10” cart bags and can cover a 48” driver as well. The internal compression strap helps to stabilize the bag whenever you are traveling.
Golf Bag Travel Covers Summary
Any one of these three golf bag travel covers will provide the golfer with the ability to travel with their golf clubs. All of them have lots of padding to keep the club heads protected and with the in-skate wheels, pulling the bag through the airport is easy and convenient.
If you want to learn more about golf bag travel covers, read our buyer’s guide below for more information. With the points and information in this guide, consumers will be able to take all that info and make an informed decision on which cover they want for their golf clubs.
Compare: The 10 Best Rated Golf Bag Travel Covers
|1st Place||2nd Place||3rd Place||4th Place||5th Place||6th Place||7th Place||8th Place||9th Place||10th Place|
Caddy Daddy CDX10
Caddy Daddy Hybrid
|13 x 50 x 15||13 x 50 x 15||13.5 x 51 x 13.5||48 x 13 x 13||48 x 14 x 11||54 x 14 x 17||9 x 49 x 12||49 x 16 x 12||48 x 12 x 11||52 x 14 x 14|
Golf Bag Travel Cover Buyers Guide
What is a Golf Bag Travel Cover?
A golf bag cover is designed with the sole purpose of providing golfers with a way to travel with their golf clubs while keeping them safe and protected. These bags typically have padding, zippered locks, and other features that will keep your golf clubs safe and sound. If you travel and play golf wherever you travel, getting a good golf travel bag is a must. Deciding which golf travel bag you need depends on the type of traveling you do.
Is a Hard Cover or Soft Cover Best?
There are pros and cons about both types of golf bag covers. We’ll outline these differences and benefits below.
Hard case – A hard-sided golf bag travel cover provides the most protection for your clubs during travel. If you travel frequently with your golf clubs, you will more than likely prefer a hard cover so you have the maximum protection. They are the more expensive option between the two, but if you do a lot of traveling, you want the most protection you can get.
A hard cover is heavier than a soft one. Most of them have wheels for easier transport. Be sure to consider the weight when deciding so your clubs, within the case, will still fit within the golf restrictions and requirements. Sometimes the rigid casing of the hard cover is more difficult to get into cabs or rental cars.
Soft Case – Soft covers are cheaper and much lighter which tends to make them a more popular choice for those who don’t do a lot of traveling by air. They are typically easier to maneuver as well. Another benefit to the soft cover is that it is easier to store and put into different types of vehicles which make them a very good choice if you do most of your traveling by car.
Soft bag covers offer a lot more protection than others, so be certain that you are looking at everything you need to before making a decision. Construction, materials the case is made of, stitching and more are all factors that will affect the reliability and longevity of your golf bag travel cover.
Features of a Good Golf Bag Travel Cover
We have outlined all of the features that can be offered in a golf bag cover for traveling. Decide which of these features are important to you so you will search for styles that have those features.
- Travel Bag Weight – A lightweight golf bag cover is much easier to travel with than a heavy one. Another factor to think about is the extra cost that is involved in traveling with overweight golf gear. The normal maximum weight limits for golf gear are between 50-70 pounds and this includes the bag as well. Make sure you include the weight of the bag when you estimate the total weight.
- Travel Bag Size – You want to make sure that the size of the travel bag cover fits within airline guidelines. You will need to check with the airline you will be using for their specific guidelines as it will vary from airline to airline.
- Material – The material your bag cover is made of will determine the durability and weight of your golf travel bag. The sides of the golf bag are going to be the most vulnerable to problems so be sure to look for bag covers that have thicker, more durable sides. You also want to find a bag cover that has an easy to clean material. Cordura is extremely durable and very popular for golfers who like the soft travel cases.
- Padding – Padding is an important factor in how well your bag cover protects your clubs. Look for bags that have generous padding at the top to protect the club heads and also padding elsewhere so your clubs are protected all the way around. The more padding the better although this will affect the weight of the bag a little bit.
- Organization – You want to find a bag cover that has extra storage for shoes and gear as well as a bag that has good organization of your clubs. Many covers have large pockets on the outside for those extras that a golfer has.
- Wheels – The majority of golf bag travel covers, both hard and soft, have wheels so the user can pull them through the airport easily.
- Handles – It is important and beneficial to get a bag cover that has durable handles. They need to be able to handle carrying the maximum weight that the bag allows without breaking or snapping off. You also want to look for models that have multiple handles to allow for different ways of carrying the bag.
- Easy Storage – Soft case golf bag travel covers are collapsible which makes them very easy to store away when not in use. This is much more convenient than trying to store a hard case.
- Luggage Locks – Most golf bag covers come with zippered locks at the top so you can lock your clubs up securely. Because they are usually considered oversized luggage, you will more than likely have to pick up your clubs separately from the rest of your luggage. This means that your golf clubs will be unattended longer than your luggage and the locks help keep your belongings safe. Padlocks are much stronger than zipper locks but make sure that you get a TSA approved luggage padlock.
- Appearance – Do you want your golf bag to stand out or blend it? There are many different color varieties available and this is up to personal preference which one you get. Golf gear is expensive, so you want to avoid drawing a lot of attention to your bag. If you have a brand new bag, it is advisable to get some dirt on it before you travel so people don’t see it as brand new gear.
- Warranties – Check the warranty on your travel bag cover and look for the best warranty you can find. Some offer just a year or two, others have lifetime warranties.
- Use head covers on your irons and insert them into your travel bag head down to give them added protection.
- If the heads on your woods are removable, take them off and insert the shafts into the bag tip side down.
- Be sure to lock up your bag before checking it.
- Make sure your address and name are clearly visible on an address tag that doesn’t come off easily.
Many golfers that are businessmen or women love to play golf on their trips. It may even be a part of certain business trip activities when meeting new clients. For this reason it is a good idea to get a good golf bag travel cover that protects your golf clubs and makes traveling with them much more convenient.
We have provided the information you need to choose the perfect bag cover for your needs. With the information you have learned in this guide and the detailed reviews on the three top choices above, you have all you need to make a confident decision on the kind of bag cover that will be the best for your personal needs.
There are a lot of good bag covers out there, but you want to make sure that you get the best you can get so your golf clubs are safe when you travel. This information and researching carefully will ensure that you choose a cover that you will enjoy using and that will do the job it is supposed to do.