Insulated Water Bottles Review
The best insulated water bottle is made from durable, food grade stainless steel that is BPA and phthalate free. Our pick, Hydro Flask Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle, has all the features we are looking for in an insulated water bottle.
View on Amazon
Introduction to the Insulated Water Bottles
One of the most popular features of an insulated water bottle is that it doesn’t sweat all over everything. Regular water bottles sweat as the liquid inside changes temperature. An insulated water bottle prevents this from happening and also keeps the liquid inside cold. Good quality insulated water bottles are lightweight and easy to carry so you can easily take them with you when you are hiking, camping, or simply taking a walk.
There are tons of different water bottles on the market to choose from. With so many different choices finding the perfect insulated water bottle for your needs can be a real challenge. There are several things you need to take into consideration to ensure that you are purchasing a good quality water bottle. These factors include the right material, the right features, and the right brand as well.
The purpose of this guide is to educate you on what those considerations are so you can tell the difference between a good quality, insulated water bottle and one that won’t provide the quality and features you are looking for.
The right information will make researching and purchasing a good quality insulated water bottle much easier. It may seem overwhelming at first but you will see how the right information will make things a lot clearer and simpler. You will be able to make an informed decision on the right one for your needs that you will love for a long time.
Top Ranked Insulated Water Bottles
Hydro Flask Vacuum Insulated Water Bottle
Hydro Flask’s water bottle is made from durable stainless steel that features a standard opening and double walled insulation. It will keep hot drinks hot for about 6 hours and cold drinks will stay cold for as much as 24 hours. This insulated water bottle is BPA-free and made from 18/8 stainless for long lasting durability.
Hydro Flask has the largest mouth opening available and is perfect with the Hydro Flask sport cap. There is no transfer of heat or messy condensation outside the bottle to worry about, ever.
The stainless steel is food grade and is noted for its durability and strength. The quality of the stainless steel prevents the drinks from picking up the taste of whatever was in your bottle before, so your drinks will always taste exactly like they are supposed to.
The outside of the water bottle is coated in a proprietary powder coating that provides you with a sweat-free, easy-to-hold grip that you can bring with you on jogs, bike rides and anywhere else you want to have a drink at the ready. There are four convenient sizes and tons of bold colors that you can choose from.
Sizes include: 12, 18, 21 and 24 ounces. Some people even choose to purchase several sizes for different uses such as working out, at the office and more. This ultra slim design, convenient insulated water bottle is the last type of water bottle you will ever need. The one handed open and close feature makes drinking quick and easy rather than cumbersome. The spout is removable for quick and easy cleaning.
Purchase one or more for all your water drinking needs. You can put any kind of liquid in the water bottle including juice, coffee, tea, water, and anything else you want to drink. These attractive, functional and long lasting bottles make excellent gifts as well.
Polar Bottle Insulated Water Bottle
The Polar insulated water bottle is the original insulated water bottle to come onto the market. It is made from BPA and phthalate-free plastic and has been in the business for over 20 years so the company has had plenty of time to perfect this bottle’s cooling ability.
The thermal barrier of air that is responsible for keeping all the cold in and the heat out is the result of double-walled insulation. The foil layers reflect solar rays, providing even more thermal protection.
The Polar Insulated Water Bottle is freezer and dishwasher safe as well as being made from lightweight, food-grade, FDA approved LDPE. This water bottle is going to last.
The wide mouth of the Polar water bottle is big enough to accommodate ice cubes and also makes it super simple to clean. It comes with a convenient carrying strap that is removable if you’d rather carry it in your bag or purse.
The comfortable rubber bite value is easy to use even when you’re on the run. It doesn’t matter whether you want to keep your hot drinks hot or your cold drinks cold, the Polar Insulated Water Bottle is the perfect choice to keep hydrated in style.
Glacier Point Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle
If you’re looking for an insulated water bottle that doesn’t sweat all over your desk, clothes or vehicle, Glacier Point Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle is the bottle to consider.
This 25 ounce, double-walled water bottle will keep your hot drinks hot for up to 12 hours and your cold drinks cold for up to 24 hours.
This water bottle is made from food grade 18/8 stainless steel that is BPA-free. This construction is durable, long lasting and will keep your drinks pure tasting and free of odors and altered tastes. This water bottle will fit into most cup holders so you can easily take your insulated water bottle on the road with you.
The medium mouth opening is easy to drink out of and can even accommodate smaller ice cubes. The bonus sports cap provides convenient flip and drink access that is perfect for using in the middle of a workout.
If you spend a lot of time outdoors hiking, biking, running, swimming and engaging in any other outdoor physical activities, you will love how easy Glacier Point Insulated Water Bottle makes it to stay hydrated. The powder coating on the outside of the bottle is tough and resistant to scratches and dings.
The Glacier Point Insulated Water Bottle has a lifetime limited warranty against any manufacturer’s defects or defects in the materials.
Insulated Water Bottles Summary
More and more people are interested in living a healthier lifestyle and that includes engaging in more physical activities than ever before. Making sure that you stay hydrated is an important part of keeping these physical activities safe. Having a good quality insulated water bottle is a great way to stay hydrated in style.
You won’t have to worry about messy condensation, funny tasting drinks, or cold drinks that have gotten lukewarm. Today’s insulated water bottles are made from high quality stainless steel that is free of phthalates and are BPA-free too.
The three insulated water bottles that we have reviewed above are all quality, excellent bottles that help ensure hydration in an easy, convenient and long lasting way that makes it easy to keep drinking even if you don’t particularly like drinking water.
To learn more about insulated water bottles, read the helpful buyer’s guide below that is filled with information that will educate you on the different types of insulated water bottles on the market.
Insulated Water Bottle Comparison
|12 – 24||24||25||32||14 – 32||16 – 40||20||32||14 – 40||17|
Insulated Water Bottle Buyers Guide
There are several things that you want to consider when you are researching different types of insulated water bottles. These factors will make sorting through hundreds of different water bottles much less stressful. You will be able to choose a quality water bottle that will last a long time.
Insulated Water Bottle Features
- BPA & phthalate Free – Bisphenol, also called BPA, is an industrial chemical that is commonly found in polycarbonate materials and/or metal cans. This chemical is labeled as a hormone-disrupting chemical that can cause a lot of long term health problems. BPA has been linked to some cancers, diabetes and birth defects too.
- Eco-Friendly – Many people try to live a greener lifestyle and help with the environment. They appreciate companies that try to do the same and in many cases will purchase a product simply because of the company’s viewpoint on the environment. There are many different water bottles that are eco-friendly to choose from if this is something that is important to you.
- Made in the United States – Where a bottle is made is important to many consumers. It is very easy to find insulated water bottles that are 100% made in the US. Make sure that it states this in the description if you want United States made water bottles.
- Wide mouth bottles – The mouth of your bottle should be wide enough to drink comfortably and accommodate ice cubes if you want to add them to your drinks. The wide mouth also makes it much easier to clean the bottle properly as well.
- Powder Coated Finish – the powder coating on the outside of the water bottle can help with grip and also prevent scratches and scrapes from marring the outside of the bottle.
- 18/8 Stainless Steel – this type of stainless steel is the highest quality and is known for its durability and strength. The majority of steel water bottles are made from this type of stainless steel.
- Carrying strap – Depending on the model, your insulated water bottle may have a removable carrying strap. This strap can make toting the water bottle with you on your outings much more comfortable and convenient.
- Flip top lid – Some insulated water bottles have sports tops that are flip up lids. This makes drinking on a hike or in the middle of a workout much more convenient.
Insulated Water Bottle Materials
Water bottles come in four main materials: glass, steel, plastic and aluminum. There are advantages and disadvantages to each material. What will determine which type you prefer is what the most important aspect of the bottle is and when you will be using the water bottle.
- Stainless Steel – Stainless steel is a very popular material for insulated water bottles. They are gaining in popularity due to concerns about plastic bottles. Stainless steel is strong, durable and can handle being outdoors while you hike, bike, swim or mountain climb. You won’t have to worry about the bottle sweating due to the double-wall construction these bottles are usually made with.
- Glass – Glass water bottles are sleek and stylish but they are not very practical for outdoor use. They are much better suited for drinking water at the office. There is no health risk associated with using glass and they are very high quality bottles.
- Aluminum – aluminum water bottles are lightweight and very easy to carry on bike rides, runners and those who travel a lot. All aluminum bottles are BPA free but they are not usually insulated. Steel is the best material to get when you are looking for a high quality insulated water bottle.
- Plastic – Plastic is a common material for water bottles but is not usually insulated. They can have some form of insulation but you will notice sweating is common with plastic bottles.
Drinking a lot of water has become a staple of healthy living. More and more people are turning to high quality, insulated water bottles to get in their daily requirement of water in an easy, convenient way that will make it easier to get the water they need to be healthy.
Drinking plenty of water can help improve the condition of your skin, can help you lose weight, not eat as much and other positive health benefits. A quality insulated water bottle will keep your cold water and other drinks cold for up to 24 hours without condensation on the outside of the bottle.
There are tons of choices available when it comes to insulated water bottles. Size, style, and color are all up to your personal preferences. Just make sure that the bottles you look at have the features mentioned above and you will have a great water bottle that will last you years.