Top 10 Ping Pong Tables
|Ping Pong Tables||Surface Material||Size (feets)|
|JOOLA||MDF||9.0 x 5.0|
|Hathaway||PVC Laminate||9.0 x 5.0|
|JOOLA Midsize||Wood||6.0 x 3.0|
|STIGA Advantage||Wood||5.0 x 2.5|
|JOOLA Rally||Wood||9.0 x 5.0|
|STIGA XTR||Aluminum||5.0 x 2.5|
|JOOLA NOVA||Aluminum Plastic||9.0 x 5.0|
|JOOLA 11134||Aluminum Plastic||9.0 x 5.0|
|Butterfly||MDF||9.0 x 5.0|
|EastPoint||PVC Laminate||9.0 x 5.0|
Ping Pong Table Buying Guide
What is a Ping Pong Table
When purchasing a ping pong table, there are a number of things that you should consider. There are so many kinds of tables out there, in various sizes and styles, and that’s why it’s important to know what your unique requirements are and how you’re going to be using the table most of the time. You also want to consider what your budget is going to be, as this will strongly determine which table you’re going to end up with. Lastly, consider where the table will be going. Do you intend to store the table, or keep it open at all times? Let’s take a look at some other considerations when it comes to buying a ping pong table.
Who will be using the table?
- Beginners and Recreational Players: Should the table be used by beginners, or if you just want it to be set up for fun and easy playing in your garage or basement, then you don’t need a professional table that is built for tournaments. It’s going to be sufficient to buy a basic home table or more high-end home table. Should your space be limited, and you want the table only for recreational purposes, then you might want to consider a non-standard table that is smaller in size.
- Schools, Recreational Centers, and Game Rooms: Should you want the table placed in a location where it will be used by several players, then you certainly want a table that is built for durability and robustness. In this situation it’s a good idea to go with a high-end home table if your budget is low, or a competition table if your budget is high. There are also refurbished competition tables which are great for organizations that are tight on budget but want superior quality.
- Tournament Players or Table Tennis Clubs: In this situation you definitely want a competition table or refurbished competition table, especially when the item is being used professionally. Competition tables will provide you with a thick surface that is greater than 3/4”, and this allows for a consistent bounce across the surface. Should you intend to organize competitions, make sure that the table is listed as being ITTF approved and USATT approved.
Rollaway or Stationary?
You’re going to find that stationary tables are much more stable than rollaway tables, which have wheels. But a rollaway table is still recommended, unless you’re planning to buy a competition table, or if you have enough space to keep the ping pong table set up at all times. Keep in mind that the larger the wheels on a rollaway table, the easier it will be to move around.
Do you plan to use the table Outdoors?
Should you plan to use the table outdoors, then look for a table that is designed to withstand the elements. Outdoor tables usually have the top, bottom, and sides encapsulated in aluminum to make them resistant to moisture and warpage. These tables usually have wheels so that you can easily fold the table in two halves to make storage more convenient.
Ping Pong Table Features
- Playback Mode: This feature allows you to lift one side of the table vertically so that you can practice on your own. This is popular for beginners and children who want to practice, but other players will find this method of playing not as effective because the ball will not follow the natural trajectory experienced during a real table tennis match. The basic spin of the ball will be different. Those who are looking to enhance their skills on their own will generally turn to a table tennis robot.
- Table Surface Thickness: You’ll find that indoor tables are normally 1/2”to 1” Most competition tables are going to be 1”thick, or slightly less than that, but unless you’re playing in tournaments, you’re not going to really notice the difference. Any table that is thicker than 3/4”will give you a consistent bounce, and this is recommended for serious players. Outdoor tables are generally going to be thinner and constructed from aluminum or resin to protect the surface. This will give you a metallic bounce that is different from an indoor table.
- Frame Chassis and Legs: This is going to determine the table’s stability. You want to definitely consider the thickness of the table legs, the frame, and the number of connection points in the chassis, as these will dictate the stability and strength of your table.
3 Benefits of Playing Ping Pong
- It’s a Lifetime Sport: Some people refer to ping pong as being ‘high speed chess’. It requires mental alertness due to the tactical challenges, and this is particularly great for seniors. Not only can the elderly benefit, but people of all ages can strengthen their minds playing table tennis. This is a year-round sport, and a great social outlet. Size, age, and sex are irrelevant when it comes to this fun competitive activity.
- It’s an Intergenerational Sport: Ping Pong can be played by people of all ages, classes, and genders. Fathers can play against sons, mothers against daughters, and grandpa stands a fighting chance of taking down his grandkids. Everyone in the community can get involved in this sport, and that’s what makes it such a democratic activity.
- It’s a good Secondary Skill Sport: There are a number of physical benefits that one can enjoy from playing ping pong. The most obvious benefit is hand-eye coordination. It’s crucial to find the perfect speed, spin, and placement of the ball, and those who engage in the game are constantly working to create and solve puzzles that involve these key attributes. It incorporates reflexes, speed, and fast-twitch muscle development. That’s why pro athletes like to choose ping pong as a secondary skill sport, to enhance the skills that then lead to improvement in their primary skill sport.
Owning a ping pong table is a fantastic way to bring hours of fun to the whole family, and these days there are enough ping pong tables available to suit every budget. When it comes to finding the right table for you it’s all about knowing how you’re going to use the table, and what skill level you’re at. The top rated ping pong tables are the ones that consumers consistently find work best in the home, because they’re easy to store, easy to use, and provide fun for people of all ages and skill levels. When it comes time to purchase a table for your home, one of these top rated models is going to be a fantastic choice.
- JOOLA: http://www.joolausa.com/
- Hathaway: http://www.walmart.com/
- JOOLA Midsize: http://www.joolausa.com/