Top 10 Glue Guns
|BSTPower||100||3 – 5|
|CCbetter||20||3 – 5|
|Vastar||20||3 – 5|
|Aoleca||20||2 - 5|
|Dewalt||50||1 - 2|
|Yutaoz||120||2 - 5|
Glue Gun Comparison
|3||2||3 – 5||3 – 5||3||3 – 5||5||2 – 5||1 – 2||2 – 5|
|0.50||0.43 – 0.50||0.43 – 0.46||0.27||0.27 – 0.29||0.27||0.31||0.27 – 0.29||0.50||0.41 – 0.45|
|26.67||15||15 – 20||15 – 20||15||15 – 20||15||15 – 20||10 – 15||15 – 20|
|410||380||212 – 428||500||410||356||380||500||450||212 – 428|
Glue Gun Buying Guide
What is a Glue Gun?
Glue guns are probably one of the most important tools a crafter can own. They are used for many different types of crafts and can even be used for repairs as well. They way they work is to have sticks of glue inserted into the back of the glue gun and a trigger is pushed that forces the stick forward to where it is turned into melted glue. The only part of the glue that melts is the glue that comes in contact with the heating part of the gun.
If you are looking for a glue gun for your craft supply collection, there are several things that you can look for when it comes to features. We’ve outlined these features below to provide you with the knowledge you will need to make a decision about the glue gun you choose for yourself.
Uses for Glue Guns
There are many jobs that glue guns are perfect to do. These jobs can be done without a glue gun, but having this useful tool makes things so much better that you will want to have one on hand for all your craft needs.
- Create silk flower crafts
- Create holiday decorations
- Attach corded trim to projects
- Decorate picture frames
- Add beads and jewels to glass, ceramic, wood, stone and numerous other materials
- Reupholster chairs
- Embellish clothing
Features of Glue Guns
Glue guns are available in all different sizes, wattages, and styles. Some are full size guns that use standard glue sticks and others might be mini sized, using the mini glue sticks. What you will be doing with your glue gun will play a part in the kind you choose. If you only use it once in awhile, a small, mini sized glue gun will probably be just fine for your needs.
If you are a serious crafter that sells their wares, you will want to invest in a high quality, sturdy and full size glue gun with many features. We’ve listed the common features you may encounter in the different models of glue guns.
- Dual temperature – This feature enables the glue gun to be either a high temp or a low temp depending on the projects you will be working on. If you’re working with more delicate materials or working with children, you will want to use the low temp setting.
- Trigger Feed – Trigger feed means that to advance the glue stick you will press the trigger and it feeds the glue stick through. The alternative is manual feed and that involves pushing the glue stick in with your thumb as you use it up.
- Adjustable Temperature – This feature allows you to adjust the temperature of the glue gun to accommodate the specific projects you are working on.
- Interchangeable tips – These tips are must like icing tips for a cake decorator. They will have different levels of glue flow.
- Glue gun stand – these convenient little stands can be cradle style or kickstand style. They are helpful for keeping the glue gun upright during use and can prevent messes and burns.
Other Choices You can Make
- You will have a choice between corded and cordless glue guns. Even cordless guns sound really convenient, you will find that you battery drains very fast. Corded models give the user a constant stream of power to draw from while they are using the glue gun.
- If you can’t find a good dual temperature glue gun, you will need to decide whether you need one of the high temperature or low temperature glue guns. Lowe temperature glue guns work well for projects involving ribbon, cloth and lace. High temperature glue guns are good for projects such as involve paper, shells, wood, jewelry, leather and more.
- Always look for a model that comes with a stand or cradle of some kind. This keeps the glue gun from just lying on the counter or table where it can make a mess, damage something or possibly even cause a fire.
- Glue guns can be very tiny in size. If you won’t be using your glue gone for extended periods of time, minis are fine. Get a full sized glue gun if you’ll be doing a lot of crafts each day.
Glue Gun Safety Tips
Using hot glue that is hundreds of degrees can result in burns if you are not careful. Below we’ve listed some important tips that will reduce the chance of injury.
- Invest in safety glasses – this protects you from any splatters or the hot glue
- Never touch yourself with the glue gun to see how hot it is. Use the temperature indicator to know what temperature the gun is set at.
- Do not let children play with the glue gun or use it by them
- Read all the instructions. They will come with your glue gun and will provide insight into your particular model.
- Don’t use the glue gun on a higher setting unless it is better for the project you are working on.
- When using your glue gun make sure that you are taking working with this hot crafters tool seriously to avoid injuries or accidents to you or anyone you are making crafts with.
If you are a serious crafter, chances are you already have a glue gun but if not, or if you want to upgrade to a better or bigger model. New ones have more features and work better than previous models have. The three top rated glue guns we have reviewed here are excellent choices and have many features that you want to find in a glue gun.
Even if you’ve never worked with one, they are easy to learn how to use and you will definitely want to add it to you box of crafting tools. They make quick work of attaching things to items that you are creating and it won’t take as long either.
Even though there are a few potential hazards involved in working with glue guns, if you follow the safety tips listed you will not typically have to worry about getting burned. Remember to never let children work on crafts using a glue gun, by themselves and caution them of the danger
Use the information in these top rated glue gun reviews and the buyer’s guide that we’ve put even more information in, you will be equipped with the necessary tools to make a decision that you will really be happy about.