iPage is our #1 recommended web host. They offer excellent features for a great price point. They also offer an anytime money-back guarantee and 24×7 phone support.
History of iPage Hosting
iPage has been providing excellent web hosting for customers since 2010. It’s a company that offers its members tons of flexibility without making everything so complicated they’re lost. iPage’s focus is on three main factors their customers feel are important: the customer’s website, the customer’s email, and the customer’s online security. At iPage you’ll find that it’s easy to manage your website and email and it’s affordable too. They want you to succeed which is why they offer their customers quality, affordability and variety.
The customer experience is something that is a prime focus for the team at iPage. Every single month something is released or launched that will make using the iPage services even more of a value as well as making them easier too. Through the use of user testing and surveys, they identify where they can improve the customer’s experience and where the problems are.
They pride themselves on being a company that offers tons of tools that will create the type of website you want, or enhance the one you already have. In addition to excellent services, they provide their customers with extras that go a long way towards ensuring an excellent experience including:
- Free advertising credits on top search engines
- SEO tools
- PC backup capability
- Malware scanning
- Security applications
Whether you are an expert or a beginner, you will love the flexibility that it offers those that already know how to navigate tools and the instruction that it gives those less experienced who need the extra help. You will find everything you need here to get a site built including shopping carts, blogging tools, photo galleries and a lot more.
iPage values excellent customer service and no matter what your reason is for contacting them, you’ll be speaking to someone in less than two minutes typically, who has passed training and tests that ensure they meet iPage’s quality standards. In addition, you’ll have the opportunity to receive and fill out a short survey that gives valuable feedback on their service that really helps them improve that customer service experience even more.
iPage is a wind-energy leader in the industry, offsetting the carbon emissions that their data centers and offices put out but purchasing energy credits that are renewable. These credits are used to generate wind energy. Because of this commitment, 2,660 metric tons of carbon fuel is prevented from being released. What this means is that you will have a green site that you can actually put a badge on to let your site visitors know that you’re supporting the environment by being 100% wind powered.
They have two data centers that are in the Boston, Massachusetts area that are made up of thousands of servers and multiple Petabytes of storage. This means faster loading times and far fewer interruptions for their customers than the usual hosting infrastructures have. Both of the data centers have 24/7 security keeping customers’ entire website safe.
iPage makes customer security and value top priorities and this shows in the services they provide and the assurance they give their customers that their sites and personal information are safe. They have spent years perfecting their services, servers, security and features to give customers the best possible value they can and they never stop working to improve things even more. Their company is one that serves over 1,000,000 customers and that number is growing.
Signing up with iPage Hosting
The sign up process is simple with iPage. When you begin by clicking on the “sigh up now” button, you’ll be taken to a page where you can register a brand new domain through iPage, or use a domain you already own. If you’re registering a brand new domain, iPage will check to be sure that the domain isn’t already in use. Once you have one that is free, you’ll move on to the next part of the registration process.
This page will ask you for your contact information and billing info for your iPage hosting account. This includes such information as:
- Full name
- Full mailing address (including state and zipcode)
- Telephone number
- Email address (login info will be sent here so use an address you check often)
- Credit card information (the one you want to use to pay for your iPage hosting)
On the same page as your personal information and credit card info, there will be the drop down box where you can choose which payment term you want to pay. You are offered three choices here; 12 month term, 24 month term and 36 month term. You will be billed a lump sum payment for whichever term you choose. Choosing the two or three year plan saves you some money, so if you can afford to do that, you are going to get a bit of a discount on your monthly cost.
Included when you sign up are over $450 dollars worth of freebies including advertising credits, instant activation with no fee, no set up fee and registering of the domain you chose. There are several add-ons you can choose to purchase at this time too, but there is no obligation to choose them. These are things like:
- Google apps for work
- Advanced site protector and performance accelerator
- WP essential for those who use WordPress
- Automated site backup
- Top directory listing
- Mobile phone compatibility (makes your site look great on mobile phones)
Each of these listed above are optional and range anywhere from $1.00 to $5.00 per month extra. Some are billed monthly others are billed 12 months at a time. They are all excellent extra services that bring a lot to your site, but they are not mandatory to having a great site. You can also choose domain privacy at this time. Domain privacy protects your information from:
- identity theft
- spam & telemarketing
You’re open to this whenever you register a domain and domain privacy prevents your personal information such as full name, address, city and state from being published right there online for anyone to see and use.
Your domain name will be good for one year (or two or three depending on the term you selected when you sign up). When you initial term is up, you will need to renew your domain at their regular rate. Because you are given a very special rate when you sign up as a new user, it is the best move for you financially to choose the longest amount of time they offer. This saves you a lot of money over the course of time since you will be getting the introductory rate for three years rather than just one and then having to switch to the regular rates.
Once you are done filling out the registration page with all your information and have chosen the billing term you want and added any extras you want, you’re ready to check out. Once you are done, you’ll get an email with your login information. Once you have that information you’re ready to get started.
iPage Hosting Package Choices and Features
The amount of features that an iPage customer receives is expansive and thorough. It covers everything from website set up to customer support. iPage provides excellent hosting along with all of the things you can use to make your website secure and appealing to your visitors. All of the features are outlined below that you get for being a valued iPage customer.
One thing that you will be sure of is that the security of your site and the uptime is excellent. With a 24/7 staff ready to help you if you have questions or issues, to a security team that is monitoring the servers’ security, you can focus on the important things, running your business.
- Unlimited Disk space
- Unlimited Transfer/ Bandwidth
- Unlimited Domains
- Unlimited MySQL Database
- Free 6 page drag and drop sitebuilder
- Template based site builder
- 1 year registration on domain name (unless you purchase a two or three year term)
- Blog Setup Wizard
- Photo Gallery Setup Wizard
- Free Online Store
- Choice of shopping cart – shopsite, osCommerce and AgoraCart
- Shared SSL
- PayPal integration
- Web Hosting control panel
- Enhanced Security Suite worth $100
- 24/7 Network monitoring done by a team that ensures your site is always up and running correctly
- High Performance Load Balance Servers to make site loading fast
- Visitor Statistics/Site Traffic Reporting
- Free 1GB justcloud.com account for protected online storage of your files so they are accessible anytime, anywhere. Justcloud offers: Free Mobile App, 100% Automated Service, Sync Multiple Computers, Access Files Anywhere, Share Files with Friends, 24/7 Technical support
- Access to marketing guides online
- $100 Google Ad Words offer – spend $25 on Google Ad words and get $100 in additional advertising – conditions apply
- $50 Credit for Yahoo!/Bing Sponsored Search
- $50 Credit for Facebook Advertising
- Free Yellowpages.com Listing
- Free Toll-Free Phone Number (US Only) – no monthly fees, 100 free minutes each month
- Unlimited emails at your domain
- Webmail (Checking Your Mail Online) check your mail from anywhere
- Email forwarding
- Customizable Spam Filters
- Virus Checking
- Extensive Online Help Center and Ticketing System
- Step-by-Step Tutorials for Using Your Account
- Anytime Money-Back Guarantee – get your money back at any time minus the 15 non refundable domain fee which ensures that even if you leave iPage, you don’t have to lose your domain.
- 24×7 Phone, Chat and Email Support
- Fast answering of calls, typically less than 2 minutes at any time
- Rigorous QA Testing of Staff to ensure that they are up to speed on delivering knowledgeable answers and solutions
- Green site badges that can be displayed on the site to show visitors your environmentally conscious
iPage wants to give customers the most they can get for their money and that is evident in the large list of free features they provide to all of their customers. As long as you’re a customer of iPage, you will continue to have access to these features. Even if you already have a website set up, there are plenty of features that are of use to you such as the advertising credits and security that is hard to beat.
Ease of Use for iPage Hosting Customers
iPage is great for any level of expertise, from the most experienced website owner to the complete newbie. They offer a great user guide for your iPage hosting account that covers the following:
- Understanding Web Hosting
- How to Manage Your Domain Name
- How to configure (setup) your email addresses
- Designing your website – how to set it up
- How to set up your shopping cart system
- How to manage your account
- How to use the knowledge base or the support services
After using this guide you will know how to do pretty much everything that you need to know to have a working website that you can be proud of. The guide goes step by step through many processes involved in using all of the many features that iPage offers. If there’s still something you don’t understand after going through the guide, you can ask one of the knowledgeable staff members who are more than happy to help you solve any problems or issues you’re having.
Affiliate Program Participation
An option that iPage offers to customers and non-customers, is the ability to participate in an affiliate program. An affiliate program is a way for you to earn money for referring people to the iPage site. You get a certain commission if they sign up and purchase a hosting program or other products from iPage. You can earn money every month and there are no limits to the amount of people you can refer to iPage and earn commissions on.
The sign up process for becoming an affiliate is simple and there are a lot of banners, links and other advertising help that iPage provides their affiliates. It is not required to become an affiliate but it’s a nice option to have for anyone who loves to earn extra money. It gives you a way to tell people about your great hosting company and earn if they decide to join you and sign up for iPage too. Outlined below are the steps for becoming an affiliate.
You can live anywhere in the world and participate in the affiliate program; there are just a few guidelines and stipulations that have to be followed if you don’t live in the U.S. The most important one is your form of payment. To get iPage credit, you can live anywhere. To receive a check, affiliates must have a mailing address in North or South America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, or Asia If you decide to have your commissions paid through PayPal you must adhere to the rules PayPal has in place for those living outside the U.S.
- Sign up for the affiliate program
- Choose whether you want check, PayPal or hosting credit for your commissions
- Create your banners and text links with your personal ID number – this can be done from the affiliate portal
- Follow and track your statistics to learn what is working and what isn’t
- Collect your commissions
You can also become a reseller or participate in their referral program. iPage offers you several ways to earn money.
Help & Support Tickets
iPage takes customer service very seriously. They put all of their staff through rigorous training to ensure that they are knowledgeable about iPage, its hosting plans, security systems, and features. Whenever you call for support, your call will be answered typically within 2 minutes so there are no long hold times to worry about.
There is an extensive knowledge base that has 18 categories that most often come up. This knowledge base has the answers to those most common questions and problems that come up. If you can’t find what you need there, there is email support, telephone support and live chat.
One thing is certain and that is you will get help with your problems and issues in a timely manner and to your satisfaction. That is what iPage stands for.
Contacting iPage Hosting and Finding them on Social Media
There are several ways to contact iPage if you need answers to questions, technical support, or anything else having to do with your iPage hosting account. They have customer support 24/7, knowing that sometimes problems arise outside of “banker’s hours”. They’re there for you 7 days a week, any time of the day or night.
Email: embedded email forms for sales and service inquiries
Live Chat – available 24/7 also
Telephone: Sales – 877-472-4399
If you want to follow iPage on their social media sites, they’d be happy to have you. Just follow the links below.
Google +: https://plus.google.com/+ipage/posts
- iPage Hosting – http://www.ipage.com/